Sunday, May 29, 2016

A cock up in the Grand Alliance

Mistakes were made...

So, after some prep work, I finished off painting the first test model for the Earl of Angus Regiment.

I was rather happy with the results:



And I was all too happy to add the first guy to the regimental bases:


But then... disaster struck. Whilst looking for the flag designs for this regiment, I realised I made I rather massive cock up. I painted the right colours, on the right regiment.... if was 1669. They looked a little different in 1704.

So what to do, what to do?

The Solution!

After some research, I decided to repaint the yellow jacket into a blue jacket, turning the flawed Earl of Angus, into the rightly coloured Royal Irish Regiment.


So, after a quick repaint of said jacket:


So, after a tiny setback, we're back on track with a different regiment, that is still part of the Brigade I had chosen. I guess the Earl of Angus will just have to be the second regiment from said brigade.

Onwards and upwards!




2 comments:

  1. Great work Mark! Good that you saw the mistake in time and not when they all would have been based!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, a great job for a beautiful period!

    ReplyDelete